Last updated 06 January 2022
Coronavirus (COVID-19) measures in Wales are different to those in England, Scotland and Northern Ireland. Regulations and guidance can change at very short notice so if you are visiting during this period please keep up to date with latest guidance.
The Wales Coast Path provides an important opportunity for recreation and exercise and is open throughout for responsible use. However, it is important to note the following Welsh Government restrictions and guidance that apply in Wales.
The situation in Wales
We look forward to welcoming you back to the path to enjoy safely once again.
Visiting the path safely
The entire path is open and there are no closures because of coronavirus. Here’s six steps to keeping you and others safe whilst having a great time on the path. Remember to check for any path diversions – visit our latest temporary path diversions page
Six steps to a safe return
Before you visit:
• Plan ahead - check what is open and closed before you set out. Pack hand sanitiser and face masks.
• Avoid the crowds – choose a quiet place to visit. Make a ‘plan B’ in case your destination is too busy when you arrive.
While you’re there:
• Park responsibly – respect the local community by using car parks. Do not park on verges or block emergency access routes.
• Follow guidance – comply with site signs and Covid 19 safety measures to enjoy your visit safely.
• Take your litter home – protect wildlife and the environment by leaving no trace of your visit.
• Follow the Countryside Code – stick to trails, leave gates as you find them, keep dogs under control, bag and bin dog poo.
Wales Coast Path supports the Visit Wales Addo campaign, asking the people of Wales to make a promise as they start exploring their local communities once again to care for each other, for our land and for our communities. The pledge can be signed on the website www.visitwales.com/promise
Other pages in News and Press Releases
Maximising business opportunities on the Wales Coast Path in Gwynedd
Sign up for our business event
New 10th anniversary merchandise collection launch
Enter our competition to win some brand-new merchandise...